It’s February, and I still haven’t fully committed to my New Year’s Resolutions. Until I have them written down somewhere, they may as well not exist at all. Sometimes even writing them down doesn’t help. But at least it gives me a fighting chance to cram something in at the end of the year when it’s time to consider new ones.
- Learn to sew using the machine that I’ve had sitting in a closet for almost 10 years now.
- Knit something using stranded colorwork. (Technically, I’ve done this already since at the end of last year I squeezed in a little hexipuff using a stranded technique. But I want it to be a stronger effort this year. Maybe a hat or socks. Or mittens.)
- Read at least one book a month. (Off to a good start since I’m in the last quarter of book 2 in the first part of February.)
- Less screen/More family time. Planning to do this by adding in more games. Even if they are just quick lightning rounds with Rory’s Story Cubes.
- Let go and have a little more fun. Kind of like this girl. Why shouldn’t you just go sit on a little dock with your knitting and your hair whipping in the wind? Maybe next time I’ll take a bottle of wine, too!